Monday, March 4, 2013

The Luck 'O The Irish

I can't believe that we are in the first week of March - where has the time gone?  This school year seems to be flying by... It really is true that time flies when you're having fun, but time really flies as you get older!  So, the next holiday is St. Patrick's Day and we started an art project for it last Friday.  We lost our art teacher due to budget cuts a few years ago, so the teachers are in charge of art.  I typically have my students complete an art project on Friday afternoons.  One of my favorite art projects back in the day was the old "twisting colored tissue paper around the top of a pencil eraser, dipping it in glue, and pressing it onto a piece of paper."  I'm thinking that there must be an official name for it somewhere, but I don't know what it is exactly.  So, that is what I call it!  Here is a picture of a few of the shamrocks that my students are working on.  They had never done this before, and they absolutely love it!  It really takes me back... :-)





1 comment:

  1. Too cute...You could also do something similar with more colors and make a rainbow:)

    ReplyDelete